Who Cut the Cheese at the White House State Dinner?
The Next Time You Visit Oregon, You Have To Try This Blue Cheese
Bleu Cheese or Blue Cheese. Whichever way you spell it, it is dang good. Did you know that Oregon is known for having some of the best blue cheese in the country? There is one blue cheese in Oregon that’s so good, the White House requested it for their end-of-the-year State Dinner. We will show you where to buy this world-class blue cheese in Oregon, then stay tuned for a look at the full menu that was served at President Biden’s first State Dinner.
OREGON IS KNOWN FOR THEIR BLUE CHEESE
Food and Wine magazine listed blue cheese as the number one food that has to be eaten in Oregon. They highlighted one creamery in Central Point, Ore., that had an award-winning, world-class blue cheese.
THE BLUE CHEESE THAT TOOK HOME THE TOP SPOT AT WORLD CHEESE AWARDS
I never knew the “World Cheese Awards” existed. Now that I know, I want in! I love cheese so much. For me, blue cheese is perfect when combined in a cranberry & walnut salad or a Buffalo Chicken dip! Can you just taste the tanginess of a rich blue cheese through your screen? Is your mouth watering yet?
The Oregon blue cheese that was served at the White House State Dinner 2022 is the previous winner of the 2019 World Cheese Awards.
SEE ALSO: You Can Rent This Incredible Private Oregon Rainforest Airbnb
WHAT IS THE OREGON BLUE CHEESE THAT WAS SERVED IN THE WHITE HOUSE?
Rogue River blue cheese is so yummy, the White House it was served in the Cheese Course at the 2022 State Dinner. The dinner, held on the South Lawn, hosted many notable guests, including the guests of honor, France’s President Macron, and his wife, Bridgitte.
WHERE CAN I BUY OREGON’S ROGUE RIVER BLUE CHEESE?
To order some for yourself or a loved one, click here. You can get a ¼ pound of a cheese wheel for $80 or a 5-pound cheese wheel of Rogue River Blue for $240. Their cheese shop is open 7 days a week.
Rogue River Creamery
311 North Front St. (Hwy 99/ N. Pacific Hwy)
Central Point, OR
“After 9 to 11 months of careful tending in our aging caves, our team hand-wraps each wheel in organic, biodynamic Syrah grape leaves that have soaked in pear spirits. On the Autumnal Equinox each year, we celebrate the release of the year’s new Rogue River Blue Cheese.” - Rogue Creamery
OTHER AMAZING CHEESE SHOPS TO VISIT IN OREGON
Here are some other amazing cheese shops to visit in Oregon:
- Salt & Straw (Reported to have Blue Cheese Ice Cream)
- Blue Heron French Cheese Company
- Briar Rose Creamery
- Murray’s Cheese
- Good Company Cheese
- Cultured Kindness Vegan Cheese Shop
- The Oregon Cheese Cave
- Nestucca Bay Creamery Cheese Shop
- Umapine Creamery
- Langlois Cheese Factory
- Portland Creamery
White House State Dinner 2022 Menu (Courtesy The Drinks Business)
- Cheese Course: Highlighting Rogue River Blue Cheese, Cypress Grove Humbolt
- Fog, and Deer Creek Cheddar Cheese
- Butter Poached Maine Lobster
- Calotte of beef, Shallot Marmalade
- American Osetra Caviar
- Delicata Squash Raviolo
- Tarragon Sauce
- Triple-cooked Butter Potatoes
- Sunchoke and Steamed Watercress
- Red Wine Reduction
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Roasted Pears with Citrus Sauce
- Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
- Roederer Estate Brut Rosé NV, Anderson Valley
- Newton Unfiltered Chardonnay 2018, Napa Valley
- Anakota Cabernet Sauvignon 2019, Knights Valley
Got a news tip? Email us here.
MORE TO READ
- Man Arrested After Scary Incident at Yakima Walmart
- Yakama Nation Granted Derogatory Feature Name Change
- State Trooper Vehicle Struck Near Sunnyside, WA, Taken to Hospital
- Do You Know How to Pronounce These Awesome West Coast City Names?
- Highway Robbery: License Tabs Cost Way Too Much in Oregon. Why?