When Does Spring Officially Arrive in Wenatchee?
Spring is exactly one week away. Here are a few questions and answers for Springtime in Wenatchee.
- When does the Sage Hills Trails open back up to the public?
The short answer is April 1st. Sage Hills trails, used for hiking, mountain biking and trail running, are closed to the general public from December 1st to March 31st.
You can always get the official word of when the trails open by checking the Chelan Douglas Land Trust Website.
- When do the Cherry Blossoms or other Wenatchee Area Fruit Trees bloom?
Most of the fruit trees in the Greater Wenatchee area bloom between early-mid April to mid May, depending on the weather conditions (READ: How mild or warm has the first few weeks of Spring been?) another factor for bloom time is the elevation of the fruit tree.
- When is the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival?
Apple Blossom kicks off on the Thursday before the final Saturday of April. This years festival starts on Thursday April 27th. There are two Apple Blossom Parades. The first is the Keyes Fibre/Dolco Youth Parade, always held on the final Saturday in April. The second Apple Blossom parade is the granddaddy of them all: The Apple Blossom Stemilt Grand Parade, held annually on the first Saturday in May. Other big events on the Apple Blossom calendar include:
- Chief For A Day - Thursday April 27th
- Opening Day for the GESA Credit Union Entertainment Stage - Thursday April 27th
- Opening Day for the Funtastic Shows Carnival - Friday April 28th
- Classy Chassis - Friday May 3rd
4. When is Spring Equinox 2023?
Spring Equinox 2023 officially arrives on Monday March 20th at 2:24pm West Coast time.
INFO SOURCES: Appleblossom.org, Wenatchee Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center, Chelan & Douglas Land Trust